3609Presumed adult Glaucous X Herring Gull at Clearlake

  • Floyd Hayes
    Dec 3, 2009
      On Friday, 27 November, I found and photographed a presumed adult GLAUCOUS X HERRING GULL on a dock at the south end of Golf Avenue in Clearlake. I was unable to relocate it the following morning. A photograph accompanied with a description is posted here:

      www.flickr.com/photos/floyd_hayes/sets/72157622804787381

      On both days there was another odd-looking adult resembling a Herring Gull but with dark gray rather than black wingtips; I suspect it was a hybrid HERRING X GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULL, which is much more common.

      Floyd Hayes
      Hidden Valley Lake, CA
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic