3601Lake Pennyroyal

  • katemarianchild
    Nov 25 7:30 AM
      I took my laptop to Lake Pennyroyal yesterday, hoping to get some writing done. It was hard going, what with all the birds clamoring for my attention. I sat in one place for about 1.5 hrs. Western Bluebirds, Robins, Cedar Waxwings, and at least one Yellow-rumped Warbler were all eating mistletoe berries.

      Of note for this location were 4 Green-winged Teal, 2 Pileated Woodpeckers, and 1 Hooded Merganser. It's been years since I've seen any Pileated Woodpeckers at the lake.

      The total list is as follows (in order seen or heard):

      American Widgeon 16
      Ring-necked Ducks 6M, 4F
      Green-winged Teal 4 (2M, 2F)
      Hooded Merganser 2