3253Snow and Ross's Goose mysteries

  • Floyd Hayes
    Apr 14, 2009
      I'm quite certain the Snow Goose and Ross's Goose at Lakeside County Park are the same birds that we saw there on February 6 (reported to Mendobirds), when a lady who happened to be driving by briefly stopped and told us that one of them had been rehabilitated and released. Does anybody know any details about the rehabilitation and release? Both were flying with a flock of Canada Geese on Sunday so obviously they're healthy enough to depart on their own. I suspect the Ross's Goose is the same one that had been hanging out in Lakeport where it was seen repeatedly by David Woodward and others earlier in the winter. It's possible that the Snow Goose was one of two in Clearlake earlier in the winter. I'm wondering whether David or Jerry have any perspectives on these birds?

      Floyd Hayes
      Hidden Valley Lake, CA