3251Lake County Canyon Wren

  • George Chaniot
    Apr 13 11:20 PM
      Mon, 13 Apr 2009 -- Taking a tip from Jim Lomax,
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/countybirders/message/4160> I went back to
      Riviera West Drive on the side of Mount Konocti, parked at the end of
      Mountain Crest Drive, and made my way uphill to the Mount Konocti cliffs.
      This is serious, blind, bushwhacking, and it took about a half hour to go
      about a quarter mile up the steep slope. I spent about another forty
      minutes working west along the base of the cliffs, and finally heard, but
      never saw, a CANYON WREN. It was about 50 yards beyond the pink flagging.
      No White-throated Swifts today.
      On the drive back along Soda Bay Road I saw a pair of EURASIAN
      COLLARED-DOVES near Stone Road, and at Lakeside Park I independently
      discovered the SNOW GOOSE and ROSS'S GOOSE that I see Floyd Hayes reported
      yesterday.
      Seeing the Snow Goose reminded me of something I never reported:
      Joanne Haller and I found a SNOW GOOSE and an ALEUTIAN CACKLING GOOSE on the
      north shore of Lake Pilsbury back on March 26.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic