      Fra: Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com] På vegne
      av vitreous2002
      Sendt: 2. mars 2009 22:20
      Til: Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com
      Emne: [Mendobirds] sick House Finches

      I never had House or Purple finches at my feeders until a few showed
      up last year. This year I have a large flock visiting on a daily
      basis. Unfortunately, I am seeing signs of sickness and have had
      several birds turn up dead in the yard. None of the other species
      that visit my feeders have been affected, and the finches feed
      exclusively on the black oil sunflower seeds, both on a feeding table
      and at a couple of feeders. First, I have noticed a puffed-up and
      disoriented-seeming finch. They will often not fly away at my
      approach, and shortly thereafter I will find them dead on the ground.
      Is anyone else experiencing this?
      Quince