296111/30 Ross's Goose, Hooded Merganser & Others

    Nov 30, 2008
      Sun, 30 Nov 2008 -- Jim and I stayed in Point Arena last night to
      bird the south MEN county, concentrating on several areas, such
      as Mountain View Rd, Garcia River flats, Brush and Alder Creeks,
      and Lk Davis near Alder Creek.

      Two ROSS'S GEESE were with a small group of SNOW GEESE
      on Brush Creek.  We saw no swans in the area, as yet.  We also
      missed "Al" at Point Arena cove.  We looked for Burrowing Owl
      at Lk Davis, but had now luck.  Most of our time was spent driving
      and walking up and down Mountain View Rd, between mm 6.00
      and 10.00, then 15 miles of Fish Rock Rd in another fruitless attempt
      at seeing a Sooty Grouse - boo hoo.
      Checking for raptors along Hwy 1, there were 3 FERRUGINOUS
      HAWKS south of Elk.

      Wed, 26 November '08 -- A pair of HOODED MERGANSERS
      were on the large, manmade pond on Old River Rd, about a mile
      south of Talmage.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA