2932Ukiah Blk-crn'd Night Herons-Yes, BUT Hooded Merganser Pond Drained

    Nov 14, 2008
      Fri, 14 Nov 2008 - This afternoon, Jim and I could see 2+ Black-crowned
      Night Herons in the redwoods at Yosemite & Washo in Oak Manor. Park
      on Pomo and look into the trees. This is east of Hwy 101, south of Perkins
      and north of Gobbi.
      Then, we drove down to Talmage, and continued .6 mile down Old River Rd
      to the large pond with signs for Beckstoffer & Mendocino Vineyard Co.
      We had hoped to see returning Hooded Mergansers. But NO, the pond was
      almost completely drained !!
      RFI - If anyone sees Hooded Mergansers on other MEN County ponds or
      at Lk Mendocino, could you please report their location?  Thanks very much.

      Karen Havlena