2895Re: [Mendobirds] Flycatcher ID

  • scre@aol.com
    Oct 22, 2008
      Taking a look at other photos the bird is indeed? an Ash-throated Flycatcher.? I think I need to play around with the coloration controls on my monitor as this isn't the first time color appeared off on it compared to others monitors. The secondaries looked washed on my monitor.? The additional photos do show it to be an Ash-throated Flycatcher, sorry to cause the confusion.? The additional photos show all the field marks that I stated ruled out Ash-throated Flycatcher in my last post.? I'm going to stop trying to id bird photos on the internet till I look at them on another computer.? A good lesson on iding single bird photos on monitors that have different settings.

      David Vander Pluym
      Ventura, Ca