2765Great-tailed Grackle

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Jul 29, 2008
      Tuesday - July 29, 2008 - 11:15 AM - Once again I refound the female
      Great-tailed Grackle and begging but fully fledged
      juvenile. Unfortunately this location along University Road is
      private property and not really viewable from the road. The birds
      foraged along the edge of the pond for about ten minutes and then
      flushed with a mixed group of blackbirds and starlings. I could not
      refind them afterwards. The juvenile makes a begging single note
      call that sounds like a loud, raspy song sparrow call note. If
      anyone is truly interested in seeing these birds then let me know
      your contact information. Then If I refind the birds I will call you
      and try to keep track of them until you arrive (reasonable travel
      distance of course). Good birding. Bob Keiffer.

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
      4070 University Road