2757Great-tailed Grackle

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Jul 21, 2008
      21 July 2008 - Monday - 2:30 PM - I just saw a female Great-tailed
      Grackle feeding a begging fledged young near a private pond along
      University Road, Hopland. This is the first breeding record for
      Mendocino County. I was able to take a few photos to document
      this. Other birds seen: 2 Long-billed Dowitchers, 2 Least
      Sandpipers, 6 Western Sandpipers, 1 Gr. Yellowlegs. Good
      Birding. Bob Keiffer

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center