2434Stolen moments and impressions from the Manchester area

  • David Jensen
    Nov 1, 2007
      Thursday, November 1, 2007.
      While working in the Manchester area today I saw the following:
      2 Peregrine
      1 Merlin
      (many Kestrel, Red-tails and Northern Harriers, as expected)
      2 Osprey (together)
      1 immature Bald Eagle
      no Ferruginous Hawks
      7 White-winged Scoter, mostly immatures, on Hunter's Lagoon

      Two brief impressions:
      * I have seen more White-winged Scoter this year along the entire coast than I can remember in recent years.
      * My job has required me to drive to Gualala about twice a week since July. The number of White-tailed Kite seen from Elk to Anchor Bay has increased dramatically in the past two weeks.