2364Ten Mile/Ward Ave Buff-breasted Sand 9/1/07

    Sep 1, 2007
      The Buff-breasted Sandpiper north of Ward Ave, MacKerricher SP,
      is still present as of Saturday, 1 September. The bird has moved
      about 1/4 mile north of the large, wood sculpture on the beach.

      There is a wide, flat area with big logs strewn about, and a depression
      in the sand where high tide water has sunk into the sand. The
      Buff-breasted was feeding here, all alone.

      By the way, I have forgotten to mention that every time I have walked
      Ten Mile beach recently, there have been a few Marbled Godwits.
      Today, there were 4 MAGO's at Ten Mile river mouth, and another
      one just north of the Snowy Plover resting spot.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg