2303Snowy Plover is Only Seven Years Old

    Jul 15, 2007
      Usually, I do not comment on other peoples' stories, but these were
      quoted remarks offered by Angela Martin. Angela did not reveal the
      identity of the author of the quoted remarks. I think that the person
      is heavily involved with SNPL banding, but that may be incorrect, as
      well. I have heard of 16-year old hummingbirds, so I fell for it. Sorry
      for any confusion. Re-banding birds with old color combinations must
      be like reissuing phone numbers, I suppose. There are only so many
      combinations to choose from.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg