2199another bird i.d. question

  • Quince Amanda
    Apr 21, 2007
      I feed a large number of birds here where I live a
      half hour NW of Willits.
      Among my Mourning Doves this morning was what looked
      like some sort of dove, but isn't in my bird books.
      It is very dark, nearly black on its breast and
      underparts. There are a few light feathers on the
      throat and at the nape. It is speckled like a Mourning
      Dove on the feathers near the tail, but is overall
      darker in color than the other doves. I'm a middling
      birder, but this bird has never made an appearance
      before. Any ideas? Quince

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic