218Round Valley, Nov 2

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Nov 2, 2001
      Fri, 02 Nov 2001 -- Today I spent about an hour and a half birding along
      the roads of Round Valley while Jan was doing some campaigning. I found
      several FERRUGINOUS HAWKS along Covelo Road near Fairbanks Road and
      Wattenburg Road. I saw a PRAIRIE FALCON along Barnes Lane and MERLINS at
      several locations (Dobie Lane and Covelo Road at Fairbanks Road). A
      WHITE-THROATED SPARROW was among -crowned sparrows on Dobie near Fairbanks,
      and there were dozens of LEWIS'S WOODPECKERS in the Valley Oaks trees along
      Dobie Lane and Fairbanks Road.
      Up in Laytonville there was a LEWIS'S WOODPECKER in the Valley Oaks
      trees N. of the high school football field.
      There were also lots of raptors in the Little Lake Valley N. of
      Willits, but I didn't have a chance to look at them.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA