1974Blk-throated Blue & Chestnut-sided Warblers Directions

    Oct 5, 2006
      This morning at 9:00 AM, I found the 1st of 2 CHESTNUT-SIDED
      WARBLERS, and Toby Tobkin found the 2nd CSWA in the same
      large mixed flock. At about 10:45, Jim spotted the female BLACK-
      THROATED BLUE WARBLER in a smaller flock. These and
      an HY Lazuli (unlikely possible Indigo) Bunting were all seen along
      the Skunk Train railroad tracks in Fort Bragg. The birds were all
      seen about a quarter mile past the eucalyptus trees with Chestnut-
      backed Chickadees. We heard a Sora and several Virginia Rails
      below Pudding Creek.

      Park just east of Franklin St. on Spruce St at the entrance to Rose
      Mem'l Cemetery. Walk through the south edge of the cemetery to
      get on the tracks. Be careful -- listen for the 10 AM train and work
      vehicles on the tracks, get away from the tracks!

      Karen Havlena
      Fort Bragg