1574Laysan Albatross

  • Bob Keiffer
    Dec 30, 2005
      Friday, December 29, 2005 - "Al" the Laysan Albatross arrived at the Point Arena Cove around 4:00 PM after having not been there for three days (checked routinely by Brian and Karen Fitch (spelling?) from the Bay Area). "Al" cooperated by eventually flying near to the dock to settle in for the night.

      Brian told me that one or possibly two Glaucous Gulls (2 year birds) were at the cove earlier that day.

      There were numerous Eared Grebes and a few Horned Grebes in the cove also.

      I'm sure that I don't have to warn folks...but don't plan a trip to Point Arena until this strom event has passed....you may get locked in there due to flooding.

      Good wet birding! Bob Keiffer