1483Re: [Mendobirds] Possible Yellow-billed Loon at Lake Mendocino

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Oct 12, 2005
      Wed, 12 Oct 2005 -- I spent about two hours at the south marina and Coyote
      Dam area this morning. I found one Common Loon among the red and green
      buoys at the launching area, but I could not find any other loon. It was
      spooky how this loon could disappear for long periods underwater then
      reappear in the same place. I caught it repeatedly surfacing for less than
      one second for 15 minutes.
      I also went to Pomo A and the north marina for a half hour but did
      not see any other loon. There was a pair of HORNED GREBES, the first of the
      season for me.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA

      >Birders,
      >I received a report of an apparent Yellow-billed Loon at Lake Mendocino
      >late this afternoon. It was seen from the boat ramp at Lake Mendocino, but
      >was far out in the lake.
      >Confirmation is desired.

      >Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044 jmorlan (at) ccsf.edu
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic