1468Rose-breasted Grosbeak and Lapland Longspur

  • Ron LeValley
    Oct 2, 2005
      Charlene and I joined Jerry White and saw the Rose-breasted Grosbeak at
      Lois' feeder this afternoon. It's a very nice male, I'm guessing second
      year. Lots of 'rose' color on the breast and black feathers where a young
      bird would have brown.

      I also saw a Lapland Longspur out on the Spring Ranch headlands (2 miles
      south of Mendocino) late this afternoon.

      Ron LeValley

      Mad River Biologists

      920 Samoa Blvd., Suite 210

      Arcata CA 95521

      Cell: 707/496-3326

      Office: 707/826-0300

      Mendocino Office: 707/937-1742

      Fax: 707/826-0540

      <mailto:ron@...> ron@...

      <http://www.madriverbio.com/> www.madriverbio.com

      For a free natural history "Occasional Picture of the Day" in your e-mail,
      contact <mailto:Ron@...> Ron@...