1414Eel River

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Aug 19, 2005
      Thu, 18 Aug 2005 -- This week (15-18 Aug) I worked on steelhead
      reproduction surveys in the Eel River between Van Arsdale Dam and Dos Rios.
      Most of the stretch between Van Arsdale Dam and Outlet Creek is seldom
      birded because access is through private property. Birding was incidental
      to other activities, and there were no surprises, but it was interesting to
      note that AMERICAN DIPPERS were present at every location I visited: 3/4 mi
      below Van Arsdale, Thomas Creek, 3/4 mile below the Hearst bridge, Covelo
      Road mp 11.14. Also at milepost 11.14 on the Covelo Road there was a CANYON
      WREN in a pile of boulders on the far bank (Sorry, I forgot to mention
      that, Roger.)

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley ,MEN, CA

      Wood Duck