1362Southern Lake County

  • Floyd Hayes
    Jul 2, 2005
      Early this morning there was a female BUFFLEHEAD and
      three male RUDDY DUCKS at the Clearlake Sewage Ponds.

      Light conditions were poor at Borax Lake, where I saw
      at least 10 adult RUDDY DUCKS and 3 GADWALLS. One
      female RUDDY DUCK at the south end was accompanied by
      three small chicks. Also there were a WESTERN
      SANDPIPER and two LEAST SANDPIPERS at the south end. I
      was unable to relocate the worn female BUFFLEHEAD
      present on 18 June, which was considerably more worn
      than the female at the Clearlake Sewage Ponds and
      almost certainly a different individual.

      Floyd Hayes
      Hidden Valley Lake, Lake County
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic