1215White-throated Swifts

  • john_e_hunter@fws.gov
    Mar 10, 2005
      Mendo birders,

      On 3-7-05 I saw at least 4 White-throated Swifts (along with some
      Violet-green Swallows) flying beneath and exploring potential nest sites
      under the north end of the Hwy. 101 bridge over the South Fork Eel River
      just a few miles south of the Humboldt County line. The north end of this
      long bridge is at milepost 103 on Hwy. 101.

      A few miles north in Humboldt County on the same day I had 7-10
      White-throated Swifts along with Violet-green Swallows exploring the Wagner
      Bridge.

      John E. Hunter
      Arcata Fish and Wildlife Office
      1655 Heindon Road