1119Hooded Merganser, Ring-n Duck

  • jeff hayes
    Dec 31, 2004
      NICE, LAK FRI. DEC 31, 3:00-4:00 PM

      Hello birders,

      HOODED MERGANSER continues at the ponds (flooded rice
      fields) just west of the Nice-Lucerne Cutoff 1/4 - 1/2
      mi. south of Hwy. 20. Also, two recognizable male
      RING-N DUCKS today. I have seen 4-10 Hoodeds here
      since mid Dec. They are also seen on the slough
      channel just SW of here. Also here this afternoon:

      Mallard - 125 Gadwall - 25 N Shoveler - 30

      Green-w Teal - 25 N Pintail - 4 (2 pair)

      Am Wigeon - 45 (probably many more further back)

      Am Pipit - 2

      Also, one PHAINOPEPLA flew over the road (Cutoff)
      right in front of me just west of the S-turn 12/30
      at approx. 1:45 PM.

      The SNOW GOOSE was still at Library Park 12/30.

      HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

      ~ Jeff Hayes~

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250