1022Red-eyed Vireo

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Sep 1, 2004
      Greetings, Mendobirders
      Last Saturday, 28 Aug 2004, I saw a RED-EYED VIREO shortly after
      sunrise in some valley oaks along West Road near the Potter Valley
      Cemetery. I heard some weak, Cassin's-like singing, and, as it was fall, I
      decided to try to get a look. When I got it in the binoculars, I realized I
      had an eyeline vireo and not an eyering vireo. It played hide and seek in
      the upper branches, but I finally got an identifying look - red eye and
      all. Then it flew off to the south over pastures, and I did not see it
      again. I looked again Sunday and Monday, but no luck.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic