Re: Update 3.7

  • Meghan Roberts
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2011
      I can now be sure that I will not finish the bottom of the boat this
      weekend... I don't have enough glueing time! Ah well, my good
      intentions at least got me to the point where the stemposts are in
      place, which is really quite a relief even if I'm feeling a little
      behind schedule. I do expect to get a couple more strakes on tonight.

      The keel continues to cause troubles. Blarg. Next year I think we
      should cut at least two possible keels, and cut them well in excess of
      the necessary length to give clamping room. Once they're bent, the
      best one can be chosen. The other option is to be much more careful
      of grain when cutting, but I'm not entirely sure that's possible when
      using lumber cut in the way commercial lumber is cut. Using lumber
      from our own copse, processed in viking age ways would be totally
      awesome and wonderful, but probably not acceptable in terms of labour
      costs.

      Charles, the clerk, intends to document the work tonight ;)

      -Unnr