REFLECTION ON THE MESSAGE of 25th June 2009

  • Gospa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2009

      Dear Children,
      Rejoice with me, convert in joy and give thanks to God for the gift of my presence among you. Pray that, in your hearts, God may be in the centre of your life and with your life witness, little children, so that every creature may feel God’s love. Be my extended hands for every creature, so that they may draw closer to the God of love. I bless you with my motherly blessing. Thank you for having responded to my call.

      REFLECTION ON THE MESSAGE of 25th June 2009

      On the 28th Anniversary of the presence of Our Lady with us through Medjugorje we are rejoicing indeed with our Blessed Mother and we give thanks to God for this great and wonderful gift, a unique phenomenon in the history of the Church. Our Lady as the Queen of Peace told us the purpose of her mission 28 years ago, on 26th June 1981: I want to be with you to convert and reconcile the whole world.

      In order to achieve the purpose of her mission. The first important task for Our Lady was to convert us all, all her willing children, to become a reflection of Jesus through holiness of life and this to become witnesses to the presence of Our Lady, with us through the joyful conversion of our life, centered on God, as Our Lady told us 25th July, 1989:
      • Dear Children, I am calling you to renew your heart. Open yourselves to God and surrender to Him all your difficulties and crosses so that God may turn everything into joy. My Dear Children, you cannot open yourselves to God if you do not pray. Therefore, from today, decide to consecrate a time in the day for an encounter with God in silence. In that way, one with God, you will be able to witness my presence her. My dear children, I do not wish to compel you; rather, freely give God your time like children of God. Thank you for having responded to my call.
      As we look around the world, we sense the grave dangers facing all of humanity and we realize the important task for us, children of God and Our Lady, to be apostles of Jesus in our time. In the Old Testament God sent prophets to His people to teach them to live by the laws of God and to turn away from pagan gods. They did not listen to the call of the prophets and we know what has happened to His people.

      In our time God sent His Mother, the Queen of Prophets, to teach and guide us with her motherly love to live the Gospel and thus to help her save the world. The Second Vatican Council gave us a beautiful teaching about the role of Our Lady in the Church, on the Dogmatic Institution of the Church, Lumen Gentium, Chapter 8. It is clearly stated that She is the Mother, the Teacher and Model of the Church (No.63). Through her mission through Medjugorje Our Lady is doing what the Church teaches us about her mission.

      Our Lady and Mirjana are praying on the second day of every month for the unbelievers. Unbelievers are not only pagans who have never been baptized and people of non – Christian religions, but also many lapsed Catholics. Also we should join Our Lady and Mirjana in the spirit and to make sacrifices for the unbelievers, and so to become the extended hands of Our Lady and by our example to draw others to the love of God as Our Lady told us on 25th November, 2004:
      • Dear Children, pray especially for those who have not yet come to know the love of God and do not seek God the Saviour. You, my dear children, be my extended hands and by your example draw them closer to my Heart and to the Heart of my Sons. God will reward you with graces and every blessing. Thank you for having responded to my call.
      In receiving the motherly blessing of Our Lady, we should be joyful in becoming her extended hands.

      London, 26th June, 2009 (Monsignor) George Tutto