Fr. Jozo's Reflection Message of Our Lady Dec. 25, 2008

  • Barbara
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      Message of December 25, 2008

      "Dear children! You are running, working, gathering - but without
      blessing. You are not praying! Today I call you to stop in front of
      the manger and to meditate on Jesus, Whom I give to you today also,
      to bless you and to help you to comprehend that, without Him, you
      have no future. Therefore, little children, surrender your lives into
      the hands of Jesus, for Him to lead you and protect you from every
      evil. Thank you for having responded to my call."

      Dear brothers and sisters, my dear praying family!

      The Queen of Peace said these words on the very Christmas day. What
      grief, what sorrow and what pain are radiating from these words! We
      have learnt to live for days and weeks, for months and years like all
      other PAGANS OR SOME ROUTINE CHRISTIANS who live as if there were no
      God. Yes, She watches my everyday life, the beginning of my day, of a
      new workday or feast, it does not matter. Each of these days is the
      same as that of other people in my midst whom I do not influence. In
      all this race of mine I, too, have got the aims and the means I use
      to realise them. I do not think of or count on blessing. I do not
      start my day with prayer and do not ask for blessing. I am sure only
      of my work, of my results, of my projects. In fact, the race that has
      taken hold of my heart is like an athletic discipline to which each
      competitor is subjected: there is the start, measuring of time,
      adherence to every rule, and the like. My life is conditioned by work
      discipline, by regulations in traffic, by regulations at work; my
      life is conditioned by the fashion and the trends dictated by shop-
      windows, television screens and various shows. Such attitude to the
      social environment excludes my faith and hope in God, excludes every
      blessing. I do not feel that God wants to act upon and change people
      through me. I am one of them. All of us, who know each other, are
      like eggs in a basket. It is here that our apostolate stops, and so
      does our ability to be the salt, the light and the yeast to this
      generation.

      When I heard men and women speak shamelessly, flipping the ash off
      their cigarettes while doing so, I remained dumbfounded. To see how
      the mentality of this world, the world of consumerism of all forms
      and colours, has become the law of communication and false prestige
      among people! We are all affected by this race the Queen of Peace is
      speaking about. A believer has no time, a priest has no time, mummy
      has no time, doctor has no time, nobody has time. Everybody is
      running, but without knowing where and why. This curious disease has
      affected all classes and all ages.

      A man who has no time and finds no time for another man, finds no
      time and has no time for prayer either. I observed and studied people
      who speak and live as if they had no time for their family, for their
      children, for their friends. They lose their family and their
      friends. Such people do not pray. They persistently argue they have
      no time for prayer. They never deny God, no, but they like to say: "I
      am a believer, but I have no time to practice my faith, I have no
      time for prayer."

      Such people are unsuccessful in their family, and frustrated in the
      society, are a failure in their vocation whatever it might be. Such
      people anxiously reiterate how they failed to finish this or that
      job. Somehow they feel they have reached the point when they can
      attain their goal, but is eludes them at the last moment. They are
      difficult people who start looking for culprits for their failure and
      start accusing everybody, starting from their loved ones in the
      family, at the workplace and the like. This race is being intensified
      and spread like a plague through modern technology and communica­
      tions. Alienation is growing. Today you get not a letter written by a
      human hand that has a contact with the heart, but an SMS message
      which is pale and almost empty. The race alienates us from each other
      and breaks our nature: to be with others as a social being, to live,
      to sacrifice oneself for others. For a meeting with others enriches
      me. It brings me close to others and I am sure that I am not alone,
      that I have not been forgotten. A running man gets tired and as such
      he does not want others and to be with others.

      You are working and gathering, but all without blessing. A powerful
      word of the Mother. We must not shut our ears to it. We hear
      terrifying life stories by many: "I have been working all my life,
      providing and gathering, and today I am forsaken and without
      blessing. My family, my children do not appreciate it, do not see it,
      consider me frustrated, and the like. How hard and painful it is to
      listen to so many and such life lamentations. Why has happened what
      nobody wants? Because our life and work have been without blessing.
      Blessing comes from God. It pours out through prayer into our work
      and our family. The running and hurrying man does not find time for
      prayer, because he feels safest when watching the fruits of his
      hands, of his work, of his skill and career.

      You are not praying! This truth is a sickness that our family suffers
      from. It is a sign that we have not come to believe and accepted to
      live Our Lady's messages yet. One of the messages that the Queen of
      Peace is daily calling us to live is the prayer of the Rosary. By
      praying we learn how to pray. By praying we win others over for
      prayer, because prayer yields magnificent fruits. It is through
      prayer that our deeds and our work, our day and our week, our fields
      and our studies, our cross and our suffering are blessed. There is no
      such temptation and no such weakness as could be an excuse for our
      putting off or missing the family prayer for any reason whatsoever.
      The renewal of the family, of the parish, of the Church is not
      possible without prayer. To renew prayer means to renew the family
      and the Church. Like our mystics said, "Prayer is the breathing of
      the soul", so did She, too, repeat this truth, this experience of the
      Church. So the body is alive as long as it breaths. Since it is
      alive, it has to breathe. All the toxic, poisonous matter in the body
      is thrown out through breathing. Likewise our soul enjoys its full of
      God's freshness and grace through prayer, and gets rid of evil habits
      and sin. In this way prayer changes a man. It is always fruitful. If
      it fails to change us, then we have to change our prayer. Prayer must
      run from a humble and penitent heart. Prayer starts after the
      reconciliation with everybody and the forgiveness to everybody both
      in heart and mind. So, it is an act of love and a total surrender
      into the will of God. Prayer educates us in humbleness and profound
      faith in God.

      The praying man has got time and finds it more and more and takes it
      out for prayer, because he loves, because without prayer he cannot
      live.

      Mother's call on Christmas - Little children, surrender your lives
      into the hands of Jesus, for Him to lead you and protect you from
      every evil, is a powerful and a gentle call. Everything without Him
      is empty, a failure, a vain effort and a useless race. With Him
      everything is blest and successful. Simply said, protected from every
      evil.

      My life is not filled with peace and rest without Him. Christmas is a
      feast that teaches me to surrender to Him and to serve Him. That is
      why the Mother calls us to stop before the truth of the manger, the
      stable, the closed door. She calls us to meditate on Jesus whom She
      gives to us to bless us. She, the bearer of God to man, as Benedict
      XVI put it so nicely, gave birth to and brought her Son to bless us
      and enlighten us so that we may comprehend with our heart that the
      world and our life have no future without Him. He became man to save
      us, to redeem and deliver us from every damnation and give us His
      peace and blessing. I need His peace and blessing. I do not want to
      be a damned, but a happy and blessed man: parent, priest, child,
      worker, etc.

      This month we are going to pray for the following intentions:

      1. That each of us may know how to apply the life principle of
      saints: Pray and work! (St Benedict). That we may not be affected by
      the fear and the fever of the "crisis" being announced by the people
      who have been building and gathering and running without God. As work
      belongs to human dignity, so does prayer.

      2. For our praying family that we may revive the ardour for prayer
      and the love for the apostolate of everyday family recitation of the
      Rosary.

      3. For blessing and peace in the new year 2009 in the Church and in
      the world, among peoples and nations.

      That we may learn from St Francis, the 800th anniversary of whose
      Order the Church is celebrating, to be bearers of peace and
      propagators of the Gospel. That we may learn from him how to pray to
      and praise God.

      Dear brothers and sisters, this message is a strong call and sign to
      us all at the beginning of a new year. Respond with love and
      enthusiasm to this call. We have felt the need to respond to the call
      of the Queen of Peace. Therefore, renew your vow and your promise.

      Kneeling and praying for you is your devoted brother

      Fra Jozo

      Siroki Brijeg., 28.12.2008.