Commentary on Our Lady's April 25, 2006 Message

  • Barbara
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2006
      I INVITE YOU TO HAVE MORE TRUST

      "Dear children! Also today I call you to have more trust in me and my Son.
      He has conquered by His death and resurrection and, through me, calls you to
      be a part of His joy. You do not see God, little children, but if you pray
      you will feel His nearness. I am with you and intercede before God for each
      of you. Thank you for having responded to my call." Message of April 25,
      2006

      In this message the Queen of Peace invites us to have more trust in Her and
      Her Son, our Saviour Jesus Christ. We know how important trust is in life.
      Life on earth is unimaginable without trusting other people. We can only
      imagine what it would be like if we went through life doubting everyone and
      everything. Lack of trust closes us off from other people. Without trust we
      are defensive towards everyone. Without faith life is endangered. The
      opposite of faith and trust is not faithlessness and atheism but fear. When
      fearful a man feels endangered, as if he is being attacked by everyone. When
      fearful he feels he must defend himself, attack and insult others to
      preserve his own life. In this way he endangers not only interpersonal
      relationships with others but also destroys himself.

      Fear paralyses man, while faith sets him free and brings with it security,
      peace and freedom. A child cannot live without trusting its parents. A child
      has trust in its parents and therefore can count on them and so grow and
      remain living. Jesus sets before us a picture of a child saying: “Verily I
      say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye
      shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 18, 3). Many times
      Jesus said: “Your faith has saved you” (Mark 5, 34); “just believe, do not
      fear” (Luke 8, 50); “all things are possible to him that believeth” (Mark 9,
      23).

      It is our lack of childlike faith in God which gives rise to our tenseness,
      frustration, anxiety, nervousness. There are fewer and fewer moments in our
      lives in which we feel the true and intensive presence of God. We feel torn
      apart and tired, while God waits. Jesus through the intercession of his
      Mother calls us even today and throughout these 25 years of apparitions of
      the Virgin Mary.

      And Mary as our Mother, in this her message, places Jesus before us,
      crucified and resurrected, Jesus the victor over all that destroys human
      life.

      Jesus Christ is alive, he is not a deceased Jesus but alive. Even today
      through his mother He would like to tell us: “Believe my mother, love her as
      I have loved her, do all that she tells you so that you may be part of my
      Resurrected joy and victory.” A mother cannot be parted from her child. So
      too Mary cannot be separated from Jesus.

      Mary tells us - “You do not see God but if you pray you will feel His
      closeness”. God is the Spirit and we have a spirit and spiritual
      capabilities with which we can feel, experience and come together. We have
      the capability to believe, love and hope. The path to an encounter with God
      is prayer. No other path or means exists. If anyone should tell you there is
      another way, do not believe them. God is waiting for us through Mary. He is
      waiting for us to finally trust and begin living.

      Mary is our intercessor, mediator and defender before God. She is tireless
      with us and does not let us fall asleep. She does not count her apparitions,
      Her messages. She does not live in mathematics but in love. It is not
      numbers but us that are important to Her. True love does not know numbers
      but is infinite.

      Let us begin believing and loving so that we may get to know and encounter
      God and in doing so get to know and encounter ourselves and each other.

      Fr. Ljubo Kurtovic
      Medugorje 26.4.2006

      The Medjugorje Web
      http://www.medjugorje.org

      Sei single e stai cercando l’amore? Entra subito in Meetic, iscriviti gratis, consulta i profili di milioni di single e chatta con loro
      Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid@51&d=7-5