Reflection - If you knew... - Cathy Nolan

  • Info da Medju
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2005
      Children of Medjugorje Daily Reflection Forum Index

      February 3, 2005
      Saint Blaise

      Dear Family of Mary!

      With Lent approaching, I would like to begin a study of the interior locutions given to Jelena Vasilj and Marijana Vasilj, two young girls who began to receive visits from Our Lady interiorly in 1982. Their messages helped to guide a prayer group of mostly young people during the early years of the apparitions. As we enter Lent, these messages may help us to intensify our longing for the Lord and our commitment to Our Lady.

      “Dear children, if you knew how much I love you, your heart would cry” (To Jelena in February 1982).

      The power and intensity of Our Lady’s love is beyond our ability to comprehend. She is so pure and complete, so able to summon her whole being as a gift of love, that we cannot possible receive it all from her. Only small portions of her love can seep into our tiny, hard-shelled hearts, through the cracks, it seems.

      Remember that “to know” in the biblical sense is not a matter of the mind alone, but of the whole being. To know the Lord is to experience Him with our entire being: body, mind, soul, and spirit. This experiencing of the Lord is limited only by our openness to Him, and our capability to entrust ourselves to Him. It is the same with Our Lady.

      Lent is really a time to allow the Lord to work on our hearts and our entire beings, cleansing us so that we can really “know” Him. We must be purified. We need to repent of all sin, and seek the deep healing that we need so that our inner being will become integrated, unified, whole. There will be no war within us, but our every part will together seek the Lord in unity. This inner integrity is necessary if we are to “know” the Lord. Otherwise, we cannot receive Him and His love but only let a tiny bit of Him seep into us through the cracks.

      Psalm 51 speaks very much of the inner transformation we need in order to be in the presence of the Lord and to receive His great love. Pray it with your ear open to the Holy Spirit!

      Have mercy on me, O God,
      according to thy steadfast love;
      according to thy abundant mercy
      blot out my transgressions.
      Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
      and cleanse me from my sin!

      For I know my transgressions,
      and my sin is ever before me.
      Against thee, thee only, have I sinned,
      and done that which is evil in thy sight,
      So that thou art justified in thy sentence
      and blameless in thy judgments.
      Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
      and in sin did my mother conceive me.

      Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward being;
      Therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart.
      Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
      Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
      Fill me with joy and gladness;
      Let the bones which thou hast broken rejoice.
      Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities.

      Create in me a clean heart, O God,
      And put a new and right spirit within me.
      Cast me not away from thy presence,
      And take not thy Holy Spirit from me.
      Restore to me the joy of thy salvation,
      And uphold me with a willing spirit.

      Then I will teach transgressors thy ways,
      And sinners will return to thee.
      Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God,
      Thou God of my salvation,
      And my tongue will sing aloud of thy deliverance.

      O Lord, open thou my lips,
      And my mouth shall show forth thy praise.
      For thou hast no delight in sacrifice;
      Were I to give a burnt offering thou wouldst not be pleased.
      The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit;
      A broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

      Do good to Zion in thy good pleasure;
      Rebuild the walls of Jerusalem,
      Then wilt thou delight in right sacrifices,
      In burnt offerings and whole burnt offerings;
      Then bulls will be offered on thy altar.

      When we have “truth in our inward being” and “wisdom in [our] secret heart” then God can fill us with “joy and gladness” because we are whole and capable of receiving His love. Only with a “clean heart” and a “right spirit” can we endure the presence of the Lord. If we think of Lent as a time of healing that will make us more able to be filled with the love of God, it doesn’t seem like such a dark undertaking. Our hearts will truly cry for joy as we receive the love of God and of Our Mother, Mary!!

      In Jesus and Mary!
      Cathy Nolan
      Copyright: Children of Medjugorje 2005

      PS. Please keep up your prayers for our Holy Father who is recovering in the hospital! St. Blaise heal his throat! Our Lady asked: “Pray, little children, for the health of my most beloved son, who suffers and whom I have chosen for these times” (August 25, 1994).

      ----
      Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te:clicca qui

      Sponsor:
      Invia SMS animati, classici, SMS pronti, divertenti, e tanti altri, clicca e divertiti!
      Clicca qui