Radhasoami Mat Prakash: Love for Supreme Being (Radhasoami)
- Radhasoami Mat Prakash: Love for Supreme Being (Radhasoami)
Radhasoami Mat Prakash (meaning: "Light on the Teachings of the Lord
of the Soul"),
by Huzur Maharaj
Love for the Supreme Being (Radhasoami)
108. This practice can be conducted easily and comfortably if the
devotee has a little love for the Supreme Being. Without love it will
be too hard and difficult to practice Surat-Shabd-Yog with any good
result to be obtained within a short time.
1. The Supreme Being, being a boundless ocean of spirit or love; and,
human being, being a drop or current of spirit or love from this
ocean; and, love being the very essence and means of existence of the
whole creation, it follows that no effort in any direction, temporal
or spiritual, unless actuated by love or affectionate regard, can be
crowned with success, and, the work or labour rendered easy, sweet
2. Love is most sublime, having its origin in the highest region, the
abode of the Supreme Being. In whatever heart it sprang up, it will
gradually raise and carry the fortunate possessor of this lofty and
noble passion to the highest region.
3. All good qualities and goodness itself will gradually find their
home in the heart in which love dwells and all bad qualities will be
rooted out by and by.
4. Whatever a human being, full of pure love thinks or does, is all
wisdom; while the thoughts and works of worldly wise persons are full
of selfishness and folly.
5. Knowledge without love for the Supreme Being is futile and tends
towards untruth or darkness or materialism, while love turns
everything to good use and leads to enlightenment and truth. Even
worldly love, such as filial and conjugal, is attended with goodness,
happiness and comfort to all concerned. How much more good would then
result to mankind in general if the same loves become spiritual, and
be directed towards the Supreme Being, the merciful and Kind Parent
of the whole creation.
6. Self-love brings on egotism or pride, and sows the seed of hatred,
jealousy and disregard in the minds of kindred, associates and
neighbours; while pure and sacred love for the Supreme Being creates
in the heart humility, meekness and an affectionate regard for
kindred, neighbours and humanity in general.
7. Pure and holy love is always ready to spend (regardlessly)
whatever it has for the sake of its beloved, the Supreme Father, and
the benefit of mankind without any distinction; whereas self-love or
love of world always tries to appropriate everything to itself, even
at the risk and loss of others.
8. Pure and holy love is always ready to sacrifice anything whatever
to gain admission into the presence of the beloved, the Supreme
Being; whereas, self-love will never part with anything except for
the sake of its own aggrandizement and indulgence in sensual
9. The noble passion of love is most powerful and strong. It removes
all obstacles and thorns in its way and discards all superstitions,
doubts and skepticism.
10. Where pure love dwells there sheds the light of Grace, as it
forms a link with the spirit or love current from its source, the
11. Such is the strength and effect of affection and kind treatment
that it subdues ferocity and other injurious and dangerous
characteristics in beasts and other animals, that is to say, they
begin to love and have an affectionate regard for their keepers and
12. A heart devoid of love or affection is as hard as stone, and does
not form a suitable receptacle for light of Heavenly Grace and Mercy.
13. Sincere love is reciprocal, so if one has a heart full of love
for the Supreme Being, one is sure to be attracted towards Him by
Grace, Mercy and Holy Light which will gradually illumine his inner-
self, and then all menial and worldly affections and desires will
14. Love or the power of attraction is the basis of the whole
creation and the cause of its sustenance and preservation.
15. The Supreme Being loves and takes special care of those who love
Him with all their heart and soul, and gradually draws them towards
Himself, the Grand Centre of Pure Light and Attraction; while those
whose hearts are imbued with worldly love and passions recede from
this centre, or in other words, they of themselves fly away towards
the circumference or darkness and untruth.
16. Every wave of love rising in a lover's heart brings tidings of
goodness and joy from the beloved, and every thought springing up in
such a heart is a harbinger of good works and good services for the
sake of the beloved.
17. Love has no bounds, knows no restrictions, and is not limited by
conditions, and like its source is extensive and far reaching in its