Book List: Recommended Kabir Reading, Also Websites, Ahimsa Prayer,

  • Sant Mat Mysticism
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2006
      Book List: Recommended Kabir Reading, Also Websites, Ahimsa Prayer,
      Online Books

      Sant Mat Fellowship:
      {"Come out of the circle of time,
      and into the circle of love." -- RUMI}

      Free book online, Songs of Kabir,
      Translated by Rabindranath Tagore
      100 Mystic-Poems of Guru Kabir:
      http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/sok/index.htm

      Anurag Sagar (Ocean of Love) online, Sant Dharam Das's Gospel of
      Kabir and Story of Creation, available online as PDF files:
      http://spiritualawakeningradio.com/anurag.html

      Kabir at Yahoo Groups

      Since there are many books of SatGuru Kabir and souls interested in
      Kabir poetry (Sant Mat, Radhaswami, Kabir Panth, Sikh, etc...) at
      yahoo groups there is a Kabir group specializing in Kabir and
      related writings:

      KABIR

      Under "KABIR" I have lots of links to Kabir websites
      on my links page:

      Recommend Books on Kabir:

      . "The Bijak of Guru Kabir,"
      Volume One (Ramainis),
      Volume Two (Shabdas),
      Bijak translation and commentary by Dr. Jagessar Das,
      The Kabir Association of Canada, Surry, BC:

      EMAIL DR. DAS FOR INFO ON THE BIJAK AND OTHER
      BOOKS PUBLISHED BY THE KABIR ASSOCIATION:
      dasj@...
      Kabir Satsang's Canada Website:
      http://www.kabir.ca

      . "Lord Kabir," Sharan Mahotra, SK Publications, 4S
      175 Naperville Rd, Naperville, IL 60563;

      . "A Weaver Named Kabir," Charlotte Vaudeville, Oxford
      University Press;

      . "Kabir Sakhi - Spiritual Gems of Kabir," Jagdish Das
      Shastri, Kabir Association;

      . "The Kabir Book," Robert Bly, Beacon Press;

      . "Songs of Kabir from the Adi Granth," Nirmal Das,
      SUNY Press, NY;

      . "Songs of Kabir", Rabindranath Tagore, Samuel Weiser
      Books; NOTE: Songs of Kabir by Tagore is now online:
      http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/sok/index.htm

      . "Praises to a Formless God," David Lorenzen, SUNY
      Press, NY

      . "Kabir - The Weaver of God's Name," Radha Soami Books,
      . Also, "Kabir the Great Mystic", both from RS Books. In
      addition to these two Kabir books, RS Books publishes many great
      books in the Mystics of the East Series (Tukaram, Dadu, Nanak,
      Kabir, Namdev, Mirabai, Hazrat Sultan Bahu, Bullah Shah, Ravidas,
      Dariya Sahib, Tulsi Sahib). These books come from India and are only
      2-5 each! They also publish two books of Julian P. Johnson: The Path
      of the Masters, and, With A Great Master in India. Best bargen on
      earth for hardcover, great books. For a RS book list, write:

      Science of the Soul Study Center
      Attn: RS BOOKS
      4115 Gillespie Street,
      Fayetteville, NC 28306

      If you're near the West Coast, OR outside the US, write:

      Science of the Soul Study Center
      Attn: RS BOOKS
      BAV Department Petaluma
      2415 East Washington Street
      Petaluma, CA
      94954-3945

      . "Says Kabir, A collection of One Hundred and Ten Poems of Kabir"
      Sushila Mahajan, Deep & Deep Publications, New Delhi;

      . "Encyclopaedia of Saints of India: Kabir"
      (Volume II in the Series),
      Criterion Publications, New Delhi;

      Nataraj Books is a great source for Kabir books from India:
      Nataraj Books -- Many rare books from India!
      http://users.erols.com/nataraj/HOME.html

      Chart of the Inner Regions/Subtle Bodies Connected
      with each of the Heavens:
      http://www.spiritualawakeningradio.com/chart.pdf

      Ahimsa Prayer

      The prayer below is called the "Prarthana-panchak se"
      by Ramesvarananda Saheb, a Guru in the lineage of
      Kabir. It was translated in David Lorenzen's, Praises
      to a Formless God, SUNY Press, NY, a great book
      featuring various works attributed to Sant Kabir and
      others in Kabir Panth.

      O Gurudev, give me peace, Give
      worthy feelings, worthy intelligence.
      Give mutual cooperation.
      Give purity to my heart.
      Let there be pure feelings in my mind.
      Let there be pure conduct by my body.
      May my speech be free of falsity and slander.
      May the sentiment of devotion increase.

      May my thoughts not be agitated
      by the ripening of innate karma.
      May my body and mind be healthy,
      may my worship be free of obstacles.
      May I remain in the presence of Saints
      and be filled with the sentiment of devotion.
      May I swim across the ocean of samsara, the ocean
      filled with passion, hate, change and fear.

      Let there be neglect for wicked persons
      and compassion for the destitute,
      Happiness among those of good conduct
      and friendship with good people.
      May buffoonery cease and may we delight
      in the words that lead across samsara.
      May we be merry in the study of wisdom;
      may we keep our minds under control.

      May we have hope of refuge with the Satguru,
      may we have no fear of lust and other vices.
      May we ever yearn for self-awakening
      and have faith the the words of revelation.
      May the darkness of ignorance be destroyed;
      may the lamp of knowledge be lit.
      May the law of death be forgotten,
      and immortality be expanded.

      May there be no harm done to living beings
      through my words or my actions.
      May I never feel the least attachment
      to the objects of my senses.
      May there always be happiness
      and the absence of desire.
      May there be an end to the power of samsara,
      and a beginning to the knowledge of God.

      Hearing the Radio Program Spiritual Awakening Online

      The program is heard online several times each week.
      The Current Broadcast Schedule section of my website
      has times and links to stations online:
      http://www.SpiritualAwakeningRadio.com

      Recommended Websites

      KABIR PANTH: KABIR ASSOCIATION OF CANADA: kabir.ca:
      http://www.kabir.ca

      Kabir at Yahoo Groups:

      KABIR WEBSITE: A Great Site: Songs of Kabir,
      Translated by Rabindranath Tagore
      100 Mystic-Poems of Guru Kabir:
      http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/sok/index.htm

      KABIR WEBSITE: ANURAG SAGAR:
      http://spiritualawakeningradio.com/anurag.html

      KABIR WEBSITE: Kabir Ashram.org:
      http://www.kabirashram.org

      KABIR WEBSITE: Kabir Chawra Math on Varanasi
      Kabir Bhavan.com:
      http://www.kabirbhavan.com

      KABIR WEBSITE: Kabir Web:
      http://www.members.shaw.ca/kabirweb

      KABIR WEBSITE: Puan Brahm Satapurush Sahib Kabir Ji:
      Knowlege about Satapush Kabir Saheb Ji:
      http://www.jagatgururampalji.org

      KABIR WEBSITE: Sahebkabir:
      http://www.geocities.com/sahebkabir

      KABIR WEBSITE: Shri Kabir Counsel:
      http://www.geocities.com/sahebkabir/?200612

      KABIR WEBSITE: Songs of Kabir, Translated by
      Rabindranath Tagore
      http://www.upanishad.org/kabir/kabir.htm

      KABIR WEBSITE: boloji.com:
      http://www.boloji.com/kabir/index.htm