Re: [aarlist] OT: A Knight's Tale (Medieval)

  • falcon58
    Message 1 of 2 , May 21, 2001
      Okay this is kind of off-topic but since the plot line deals with my
      favorite genre - medieval and love story besides, I thought it has synergy
      with books.

      Anyway, went and saw this yesterday. It's a comedy - kind of a quasi-Monty
      Python type but not that slapstick of a humor. If you're looking for a real
      authentic medieval story - this is not it. It's a story of a peasant
      (William) who dreams of becoming a knight and made that dream came true by
      lying about his origins and together with his loyal friends, went on and
      participated in tournaments in France acquiring glory, riches and the woman
      he fell in love with. It's actually very funny and I really enjoyed the
      movie. The sound track was also pretty good, if you can put aside what you
      know truly happens in the middle ages and just enjoy the entertainment value
      of the story for what it is, it's a good way to spend 2 hours or so watching
      the movie.

      Anyone else saw this?

      .....Falcon
      I'm a Reader - there's only 3 people
      involved in this exercise: me, the author
      and the characters in the book. If you're
      not one of them - LEAVE ME ALONE!
    • Megan Brianna Moore
      Message 2 of 2 , May 21, 2001
        saw it and liked it. my only problem w/ it was
        Jocelin...i couldnt get into her character at all,
        partly because Kate just seemed an all around better
        match for William...the actors seemed to really like
        working together, they had good chemistry, and i got
        the feeling they knew each other pretty well, whereas
        I didn't get the impression that Jocelin and William
        knew each other at all...he didnt seem to see much
        beyond her beauty, and she didn't seem to see much
        beyond his celebrity.

        But, aside from that, i really enjoyed the movie(would
        have liked to have seen more of Roland and Jocelin's
        maid, too...what was her name, Christina?)

        --Megan

        --- falcon58 <falcon58@...> wrote:
        > Okay this is kind of off-topic but since the plot
        > line deals with my
        > favorite genre - medieval and love story besides, I
        > thought it has synergy
        > with books.
        >
        > Anyway, went and saw this yesterday. It's a comedy -
        > kind of a quasi-Monty
        > Python type but not that slapstick of a humor. If
        > you're looking for a real
        > authentic medieval story - this is not it. It's a
        > story of a peasant
        > (William) who dreams of becoming a knight and made
        > that dream came true by
        > lying about his origins and together with his loyal
        > friends, went on and
        > participated in tournaments in France acquiring
        > glory, riches and the woman
        > he fell in love with. It's actually very funny and I
        > really enjoyed the
        > movie. The sound track was also pretty good, if you
        > can put aside what you
        > know truly happens in the middle ages and just enjoy
        > the entertainment value
        > of the story for what it is, it's a good way to
        > spend 2 hours or so watching
        > the movie.
        >
        > Anyone else saw this?
        >

        > .....Falcon
        > I'm a Reader - there's only 3 people
        > involved in this exercise: me, the author
        > and the characters in the book. If you're
        > not one of them - LEAVE ME ALONE!

        =====
        AOL IM: SpiritCastle7
        http://auctions.yahoo.com/