Getting Started

  • Alina Schwerzel
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 1999
      Hi,
      My name is Alina Schwerzel. I live in central Wisconsin. I am very
      seriously thinking about becoming a claims processor. I found a company
      called MedCo, Inc. that sells the Medisoft software and gives 6-8 hours
      training then issues you the names of the doctors in your area and I would
      contact them and they would give me a test run of 10-20 claims. If there is
      nothing wrong with the claims they start you working for them. Has anyone
      out there heard of this company? If so, are they a good company? I have
      checked everywhere I can think of and have found nothing good or bad about
      them.

      I am familiar with the medical field as I went to school for transcribing
      and have a diploma for that, but that was 4 years ago and I never got a job
      in that field. Instead I had twin boys and was never able to get out of the
      house much after they were born. I have 5 boys total. Ages are 8, 6, 4,
      and the twins will be 2 in May. I know that once I start all of my
      schooling will come back to me. We even did a 2-3 week unit on medical
      claims when I was in school.

      If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it as I would hate to spend
      $400 and have it blow up in my face.

      Thank you!
      Alina Schwerzel
      aschwrzl@...
    • Reeki8@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 1999
        Hello Alina,

        Contact me on icq. My number is 1840755 . Reeki8. I have much to say
        about MediSoft!

        I will look frwd to hearing from you!

        Jo An
      • Lester E. Jones
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 5, 1999
          Jo An

          I would also like to hear what you have to say about Medisoft.

        • Reeki8@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 5, 1999
            Hello Lester,

            Be careful of any product that makes claims that sound to good to be true.
            Getting Physicians to let you do billing in your home is not at all easy.
            Oh yes, it can be done with much hard work...advertisment..reputation..and
            luck.

            Remember no company has a magic list!

            Check out all of the software options you have. Remember you will want a so
            to speak "User Friendly" package. This must also be easy to use for
            electronic transmission...have ....EXCELLENT...support staff and supply you
            with electronic updates! In many States the larger insurance companys write
            there own programs for transmission. You vendor then must accomodate them
            with every change and whim! If this is not do you will be SOL! CASH FLOW
            must not be stopped.

            From one who has been there and experienced that! If support is not there
            for there software for your State you will not look good in the dear Drs
            eyes! Even if it is not your fault! 8-)

            Jo An
          • TLCBillInc@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 5, 1999
              Jo An
              What softwares have you used that you have found successful or at
              least meet the qualifications that you have layed out? There are so many out
              there that it's hard to chose which one to go with.

              Tara
            • Reeki8@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 5, 1999
                Taraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

                I have missed chatting with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How are you??? and they
                darling little one???

                There is so many different software packages out there! One of the reasons
                this list was created was to explore other alternatives. My favorite local
                program is MBS Medical Billing Services. It makes billing a pleasure and
                the reports are so to speak, to die for. It is a Billing service thought
                and is expensive...but you know the old saying you get what you pay for...and
                you do get one h.ll of a program with MBS. They also update continually and
                the program is self editing in many aspects. It is now in a few other
                States.

                I am corresponding with a individual on ICQ that is employed for a vendor.
                Her employers software seems interesting. I am hoping to get her on the list
                and explain some advantages.

                Any comments about software out there??? Huh! Would love to hear them!!!
                8-)

                Jo An
              • Lester E. Jones
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 6, 1999
                  Anyone aware of a Web Site or other source that compares all of the
                  different software packages for medical billing?

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 6, 1999
                    Lester,

                    Hello! Have you visited the home page?

                    Jo An ;-)
                  • Lester E. Jones
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 7, 1999
                      If the home page you refer to is ONElist.com, yes, but maybe I missed
                      something. If that's not eat, please provide URL.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 7, 1999
                        Hello Lester,

                        No that is not it! I am sorry you do not have icq?? I will send the url
                        to you. On the page there is links to help you get started on your serch and
                        billing programs. Just a few. The Medware will send you a demo cd. It is
                        quiet good!

                        Jo An
                      • Lester E. Jones
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 7, 1999