RE: [MedicalBillers] Kristie Just a thought!

  • Jo An
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2003

      -------Original Message-------

      Date: Friday, January 10, 2003 1:31:28 PM
      Subject: RE: [MedicalBillers] List demographics ;)

      Hello Kristie and Great! to have you on the list.

      CONGRATULATIONS!

      First off I would like to congratulate you on completion of your MOT course.  Having completed, long ago, (clearing throat)  a similar program myself, I know how hard it can be.  In your brief overview of your classes did your program happen to concentrate on Anatomy?

      RECOMMENDATION
      HUMAN EMOTIONS

      My recommendation to you would be to keep looking and try to concentrate on your skills obtained with education and  how very much you would LOVE the chance to work with seasoned professionals to compliment your academic background. Someone will take you in, I am sure.

      Here we have many offices and clinics that have staff that have no formal education.  They were OJTWLM  (On Job Trained with little money).  This can be a good thing or very bad. After having said that I must stress that  there is nothing wrong with OJT many a fine Supervisor, Biller and Office Manager have started this way  and even with formal education you must have experience to complete your goals.  But if they see someone with a background like yours they can be a little standoffish on taking you in for they know in no time they may feel you will advance beyond them. I do not know if you have the same situation In Brooklyn  but this is something to consider.

      NOT MY FIRST CHOICE
      Now having said that you could start, if you can afford to, in a entry level position at a physicians office or clinic. Here I find, that many of our physicians like entry level for one big reason?  Can you guess?  GRIN    With you book background you would definately be a asset to any office, clinic or hospital that will hire you and give you something to put on your resume.  Just a thought but NOT my first choice.

      PC RULES
      OR ADVICE FOR KRISTIE!

      Has any of our list members had any experiences that could advise Kristie any further.  And Kristie, thank you for introducing yourself.

      We seem to have the same thing in common...LOVE OF COMPUTERS!  I can live without the medical but not without my PC. GRIN

      Jo An
      (Seen hugging her PC)

      Hi Jo Ann,

      My name is Kristie, i live in Brooklyn,NY. Well i just recently graduated from a two-college where i studied the major of Medical Office Track which consisted of CPT, ICD-9, Medical Terminology, Medical Ethics, Medical Assistants, Insurances and the whole nine. I choose this major because I've always been fascinated with the medical field and i love working with computers. My problem is i really don't have experience as a medical biller and i really want to do this, but how do you get experience if no one wants to give you a chance. I'm very willing to learn whatever it takes to learn more about going into this field, and i would gladly accept any advice offered.

      Thanks for any advice offered.

      Kristie

       Carolyn Nagle <karlyn@...> wrote:

      Hi all, my name is Carolyn and I work in a Hospital in Central Illinois (no not all of Illinois is Chicago) doing billing mainly to IDPA, and have been doing it for 20+ years.  Things have really changed in that time, and now I am looking for a way to do billing from my home, but it doesn't look to promising.  I will probably be "in-house" till the day I die.

      Carolyn and the Basenji Gang
      Visit us at our website (in progress):
      http://www.karlynbasenjis.homestead.com/karlyn~ns4.html

      Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      Your use of Yah! oo! Group Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now