Re: List demographics ;)

  • bexx1232000 <billing@chscomputers.com>
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 10, 2003
      Kristie,
      The best way to get experience is to get a job in-office with someone
      willing to train. You have the book-smarts, you just need practical
      experience. I would think you have enough knowledge to get hired.
      Then learn everything you can. If you're looking at opening a billing
      service, you'll need it. I would think 1-2 years in-office should
      prepare you.

      Becki

      --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, kristie dav <passion7277@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Jo Ann,
      > My name is Kristie, i live in Brooklyn,NY. Well i just recently
      graduated from a two-college where i studied the major of Medical
      Office Track which consisted of CPT, ICD-9, Medical Terminology,
      Medical Ethics, Medical Assistants, Insurances and the whole nine. I
      choose this major because I've always been fascinated with the medical
      field and i love working with computers. My problem is i really don't
      have experience as a medical biller and i really want to do this, but
      how do you get experience if no one wants to give you a chance. I'm
      very willing to learn whatever it takes to learn more about going into
      this field, and i would gladly accept any advice offered.
      > Thanks for any advice offered.
      > Kristie
      > Carolyn Nagle <karlyn@n...> wrote: Hi all, my name is Carolyn and I
      work in a Hospital in Central Illinois (no not all of Illinois is
      Chicago) doing billing mainly to IDPA, and have been doing it for 20+
      years. Things have really changed in that time, and now I am looking
      for a way to do billing from my home, but it doesn't look to
      promising. I will probably be "in-house" till the day I die.

      http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/karlynken/lst?.dir=/Trampus+X+Mindy+pups&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/