Sleep Therapy Billing/Coding

  • jyamisha
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2002
      Hi, I have a question regarding Sleep Therapy billing. (CPT codes
      95805, 95806, 95807, 95808, 95810, 95811, 95812, et al.) We are a
      doctor's office w/ the sleep equipment on our premises. We are
      getting referrals from PCPs for patients to come to our offices for
      the therapy. We have a credentialed technician on site, as well as a
      physician, who acts as our medical director, who is overseeing all of
      the therapy.

      Here is my question: Who's name do we put on the HCFA? I know that
      we're going to put the referring physician's name on it, but under
      attending, do we put down the tech's name or the physician's name?

      Also, will the tech or the physician's name on the HCFA affect our
      overall reimbursement rate?
    • Annette Miller
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 28, 2002
        Put the doctor. Attending means attending physician.