Check your computers

  • Lisa Marbella
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2002

      I just received a email that someone that has my email address in their address book might have the Klez virus.  I have been receiving emails with CELLPADDING on them recently, but I have not opened them since I didn’t recognize who they were from or what it could be about.  Then last week I received a notice that an email was received by person I didn’t know with my email address as from and it had attached a virus it also had the subject CELLPADDING on it.

      I ran virus check several times and didn’t find anything, so I contacted the software company regarding this.  They stated this was the Klez virus and it could be in someone elses computer.  It will attack their address book and attach someone’s email address as the from address and send the virus out to others.  So I am warning people to check their computers with there virus checker just in case.  You might already know of this and have checked yours, but I just wanted to send this out so if anyone that didn’t know about this wouldn’t open the message CELLPADDING.  Also warning these message do not have attachments to them or show there is one.

      Lisa