billing question...

  • strawberry332
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2002
      We have a nurse practitioner working in our office now. On the super
      bill, she will circle an office visit, and blood work, if done, but
      she will also list that she did a pap smear. Do I bill for the pap
      smear? seperate from the office visit? For example, the Dx might be
      atrophic vaginitis, or maybe menopausal syndrome, what's the best way
      to bill ?

      Thanks,
      Nancy
    • Robert Yerkes
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2002
        Either you have an office visit or a physical/pap smear. She may be
        marking the pap smear as in the smear that is being sent to the lab and
        read. By the price of it you should be able to tell if that is just the
        specimen reading fee or not.

        > We have a nurse practitioner working in our office now. On the
        > super
        > bill, she will circle an office visit, and blood work, if done,
        > but
        > she will also list that she did a pap smear. Do I bill for the
        > pap
        > smear? seperate from the office visit? For example, the Dx might
        > be
        > atrophic vaginitis, or maybe menopausal syndrome, what's the best
        > way
        > to bill ?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Nancy

        > -~-->
        > Regain your reading independence with Telesensory!
        > We have helped over 100,000 people to read again.
        > Learn more at www.telesensory.com
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/YxM2lB/p6NDAA/xGEGA

      • strawberry332
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2002
          Thank you, Robert,
          So, I bill for the office visit, can I put, for example, atrophic
          vaginitis as the primary Dx, and then on the second line, can I use
          the v-code for the pap?
          Nancy

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2002
            Yes. Good luck