Re: [MedicalBillers] Digest Number 298

  • lap8898@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2002
      I haven't had that come up with my clients yet.  The only thing if they are scard to fax the information to you about the claims and patients just see if you can pick them up once a week and maybe he'll feel more secure.  HIPAA says we can't email a file but said nothing about faxing, accept that it has to have a cover sheet if you're not the only one in the office.  Hope this helps, what problems are you having exactly?

      Lisa Paoli
      MedOffice Solutions, Inc.
      Web:  www.medofficesolutionsinc.com
      Ph: (847) 299-5770  Fax: (847) 299-5771
      Member of the AMBA
      , K&L Billers and the MAB

    • Lisa Marbella
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 27, 2002

        Lisa,

        I haven’t ran into any problems as of yet, but I am concerned my bosses will not let me work from home because of the privacy issues.  I have information password protected on my computer and I lock up all paperwork if I am not working on it.  I don’t leave any patient information out, but I was concerned they would be afraid that I would.  I was just curious if any one had any providers concerned with this.  I would like to work full time at home, so that is why I was asking.

        Thanks again for responding to my question.

        Lisa