Re: [MedicalBillers] Digest Number 284

  • Kemma@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2001
      Cindy-

      I have had a doctor just kind of forget about paying me as well.  She was behind on all of her payments, and stated that she knew nothing about owing me anything.  I did have somewhat of advantage though, I also bill for 6 other physicians in the same specialty, they would drop hints here and there that they talked with me often. This way she knew that she wouldn't look too good to her peers by stiffing me.  The other thing that you might want to consider, is putting the doctor into collections, or a letter service.  I don't think anyone, especially a doctor enjoys getting those things in the mail.  And I kept accepting her billings, but never input anything until she finally paid me.  Now I have updated our contract stating that if she is late paying my bill there is a 6% late fee on all money owed for the 1st month it's late and an additional 3% the following month on anything that is over 30 days, and it keeps going up 3% each month. I also put in the contract that I would put her into collections and take her to small claims court with her paying all fees.  Since then she has not been late. not even a day.
      I'm not sure that those ideas would work for you, but hopefully that will give you some ideas as to other options.
      Good Luck