Doctor won't pay

  • Cindy
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2001
      I am wondering if any of you have had to take a doctor to court for
      not paying you. My partner and I did a month's work for a
      pediatrician. He owes us around $1300. We have billed him the last
      3 months and he has sent nothing. We even dropped off the last 2
      bills at his office. The last time we talked to the office manager
      and she is supposed to be looking into it. I am wondering if any of
      you have had this happen and what you did about it.
      Thanks,
      Cindy
    • Melissa T.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 30, 2001
        Cindy - I have never really had this happen with that much money.  I did have a doc that was just getting off the ground and I offered to do her billing for the first few months and then bill her for what she owed when she started getting money in, turns out when she started getting money in I was the farthest thing from her mind.  She still made me wait for 3 months....ugh....I guess that you could take him to small claims court.  I would keep picking up his billings but would not file anymore claims until he pays up......I know, not much help....sorry.

        Melissa T.
        Your Very Own Business For Less Than $10.  Cash in on SWEET PROFITS today!  Check out my website for immediate info:  http://www.replicate99.com/candy/12709.shtml

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2001
          Hello Cindy, I have had the same problem. I will never ever bill again at
          home for a Doctor unless I have a deposit up front. Boy did I get burned.

          I hope that you get your money. I know how hard we work.

          Jo An
          Fustrated in MI
        • smackz_2000
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2001
            Thank you all for your replies. After threatening to take him to
            court I did get less than half of what he owes me just this month. I
            have sent him another bill and hoping he will pay it but I am not
            holding my breath. I will threaten him again with court if he
            doesn't pay. I have been putting there is a $25 late fee if the
            payment is not received by the 15th on the bottom of all my
            statements I have sent him. But that doesn't seem to matter to him.
            Thank you,
            Cindy