Newsletter

  • Provider Audit
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2001
      >From: "AccuTips" <accutips@...>
      >To: "Paul Silverio-Benet" <silben22@...>
      >Subject: Reimbursement Newsletter 08/27/01
      >Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:44:39 -0400

      ANNOUNCEMENT

      >Reply with the subject "Unsubscribe" if you wish to
      do so.

      >FREE ACCESS TO THE LIBRARY:
      >
      >You can now access information in the AccuLibrary. A
      User Name and a
      >Password are no longer required to find reimbursement
      information, HCFA
      >Guidelines and download forms from our website:
      >www.accuchecker.com/acculibrary
      >
      >FREE LISTING OF PHYSICIANS' WEBSITE IN THE
      AccuDirectory.

      >If you are physician and have a website, you can list
      your web page in the
      >AccuDirectory. Fill out our form online.
      >http://www.accuchecker.com/doctorlistingform.htm
      >For more info, call us: (800) 777-9073
      >
      >= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
      = = = = = = = =
      >ANNOUNCEMENT
      >
      >Miami, FL. Silverio and Associates, developers of the
      AccuChecker Product
      >Line has released a new product -AccuChecker On-Line,
      the Internet solution
      >to pricing and coding healthcare services.
      AccuChecker On-Line means
      >Pricing
      >Right and Coding Properly. It means compliance!
      >
      >For information about AccuChecker On-Line, click on
      >http://www.accuchecker.com/AckOnline/Marketing/On-LineService.asp
      or
      >contact
      >our office for temporary access to AccuChecker
      On-Line, to learn the power
      >of the system. Call us at (800) 777-9073 or E-mail at
      sales@...

      >AccuChecker On-Line is a software database licensed
      by the American Medical
      >Association (AMA) that contains the latest
      information about:
      >* Procedures Codes
      >o CPT codes
      >o HCPCS codes including DME, Orthotics and Supplies
      >* ICD-9-CM - Diagnosis Codes
      >* Medicare Fee Schedules
      >* System allows subscribers to structure Fee
      Schedules
      >* Coding and Billing Information
      >* Procedures Matching Diagnoses indicating Medical
      Necessity
      >* Corrective Coding Initiative
      >* Inclusive Procedures to outline UNBUNDLING
      >
      >Coding Right - A library with examples of how to code
      and bill services
      >correctly, to eliminate rejections and avoid audits
      >
      >= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
      = = = = = = = =
      >Allergy Testing and Immunotherapy
      >
      >Because you asked for it, we are presenting the
      Medicare Guidelines for
      >Allergy Testing and Immunotherapy. The same
      guidelines apply to private
      >carriers.
      >
      >Click for entire article about Allergy Testing and
      Immunotherapy
      >http://www.accuchecker.com/AccuLibrary/Articles/allergytestimmunothera.asp
      >= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
      = = = = = = = =
      >Medicare Mandatory Assignment and Participation
      Program

      >Some practitioners who provide services under the
      Medicare program are
      >required to accept assignment for all Medicare claims
      for their services.
      >This means that they must accept the Medicare allowed
      charge amount as
      >payment in full for their practitioner services.
      >
      >Please click here for complete details.
      >http://www.accuchecker.com/AccuLibrary/Articles/medicaremandatoryassig.asp
      >= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
      = = = = = = = =
      >MEDICARE Participation Program
      >
      >Eligibility: .All practitioners and suppliers
      eligible to receive payments
      >under Part B of Medicare may choose to enter into a
      participation
      >agreement.
      >This article explains the Medicare guidelines for
      participation in the
      >program. Covers the following topics:
      >
      >* Circumstances in Which A Participating Physician or
      Supplier is Not
      >Required to Accept Assignment for Covered Services
      >* Entities Eligible to Enter Into Agreement to Be
      Participating Physicians
      >or Suppliers
      >* Applicable Rules When Physicians Work for a
      Hospital or Medical Group
      >* Services Subject to Agreement
      >* Acknowledgment of Receipt
      >* Where to File Agreement
      >* Enrollment Period
      >* Participation Period
      >* Duration of Agreement
      >* When New Physician or Supplier in Area May Enter
      Into Agreement

      >To view the entire article, please click here.
      >http://www.accuchecker.com/AccuLibrary/Articles/medicarepartprogram.asp
      >= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
      = = = = = = = =
      >Purchased Diagnostic Tests (Medicare Guidelines)
      >
      >Medicare establishes payment rules for diagnostic
      tests billed by a
      >physician but performed by an outside supplier.
      >
      >For many years the subject of Purchased Diagnostic
      Test has been a
      >controversial issue. This article outlines Medicare
      position in the matter
      >and covers:
      >
      >* Payment
      >* Sanctions
      >* Questionable Business Arrangements
      >
      >For details, please click here.
      >http://www.accuchecker.com/AccuLibrary/Articles/purchaseddiagnostictests.asp
      >= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
      = = = = = = = =
      >Pre-Operative Services not Included in the Global
      Surgery Payment

      >This article addresses payment for preoperative
      services that are not
      >included in the global surgery payment.
      >
      >Many providers fail to bill for services rendered,
      because they believe
      >that
      >the services are not covered or are included in the
      basic allowance of the

      http://im.yahoo.com