POS and TOS Codes

  • blondeblues@excite.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2001
      I am billing for a Cardiologist who is an interpreter of vascular
      studies for other physicians who have patients in the hospital these
      studies are done in the hospital. My question is what Place of
      Service code do I use? I am using 21 - Hospital Inpatient and for
      the
      Type of Service I am using 9 - other medical services. Also I have
      the admitting date to the hospital for the patient but not the
      discharge date. Is it necessary to put the admitting date when the
      physician is doing interpretation for other physicians? I also use
      modifier 26 to bill with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks

      Dee Ann