HELP-Accucheker & Medical Reviews

  • Heather Hartman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2000
      I have a HUGE favor to ask of you, if you do not mind!?! I just got
      my Accuchecker in today, I was suppose to get it in
      on Wednesday however just got it this morning, anyway I am doing some
      medical review's for an attorney. There are about 100+
      claims to look at, I have looked at all of them and reviewed them in
      Accuchecker, but I was told by the maker of this product
      that when I review the claims and the fee's that I should mark up the
      fee to 200%, anything over that the charge is to much.
      Is that correct? And if so, can you explain to me why to mark it up
      to 200%. Also when a provider uses the MOD -51 that he is allowed to
      apply 50% more to the charge, is that correct? If so why? Also, are
      hospitals allowed to charge a higher fee than the 200%, because ALOT
      if not all of them are way over the 200% fee. And when I narrow the
      search down to a specific area as to where the services were rendered
      at can I assume that the fee's in Accuchecker are correct, I have the
      2000 version. Do you know where I an find dental codes and fee's?
      Where can I find hospital procedure codes, I onlyu ask that because
      alot of these claims have numbers like 641036725,
      7314304,157339121,338001738,49281027110, LBO0003, LBO0009, etc. I
      would greatly appreciate
      any help with this. I have to have a report completed by Monday
      morning. Thanks so much.

      Heather