Re: FYI Virus Alert

  • Reeki8@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 1999
      Below is a message from Onelist about the Happy99 Worm. I want to pass it
      along to the list members and warn you once again about opening up files from
      individuals you do not know. Please visit the site and print out the
      instructions for removal. You may be called to help someone else!
      Also....FYI always keep you Virus program upgraded.

      Thank you for your time!

      Jo An
      (Onelist Moderator)

      "Hello,

      Recently there have been several reports of a virus being passed through
      lists in attachments. The virus, called Happy99, modifies infected
      computers so that they spread the virus to other computers through email
      attachments.

      For more information on this particular virus, and how to remove it, visit
      the following web page:

      http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/happy99.worm.html

      This is a good time to remind people that, in general, they should not
      open email attachments or run programs from people they do not know. That
      is how this and other viruses are spread.

      Thanks,

      The ONElist Team"