RE: Re: Re: Re: [MedicalBillers] How to close medical practice?

  • melindadocsmith
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 11, 2013

      I hear ya Deb.  My provider (FP) will be retiring in 5 years (2018), then I get to look for a new job at 50!  Fun. NOT!

      Seems like all the "Federal" requirements will get you in the end.  I forsee many older providers retiring w/in the next 3-5 years, as soon as all the requirements you mentioned start fining providers.  Won't be worth it and they'll just stop practicing.  They'll just say "I'll take the hit as I'm retiring in 5 years."  Sad really.  Thanks for your help.

      --- In MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com, <medicalbillers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Thats a shame, I understand the "I'm done" part. The practice I closed was the same thing too many chances in health care, too expensive, and Obamacare just did him in too.  Between PQRI, Meaningful use, ICD-10 and Cuts in reimbursement my doc is 67 years old.  He said its just time to hang up the stethoscope.  I am still running out his AR, he was a heavy Medicaid practice, family practice, so there isnt much left now.
         Dont work to hard today