Re: [MedicalBillers] Chiro/therapy

  • Maryann
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 14, 2012
      First is your doctor spending an hour with this person. That what your codes are saying.

      Maryann b

    • mbt200950@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 14, 2012
        Yes he is.

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 14, 2012
          What at the limits of the policy? Adjustment and two therapies?

          Maryann b

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 17, 2012
            Hi maryanne
            Im sorry i had to leave out of town for an emergency..
            Limit is 4 units therapy
            And 5 units chiro..
            Is that what you mean?
            Pts have 120 visits per year.
            Thanks

            wrote:

            > Yes he is.
            >
            > Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Phone

          • Maryann Burke
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 17, 2012
              yes that is what I mean.  I hope everything worked out correctly.  Now, for the coding issue.  I would be concerned that you were using 3 units of anything.  Isn't there a better way to code what the doctor is providing?  Exercise, trigger point and neur re-ed for example.

               Why give them a catch all code for 45 minutes of care?

              maryann

              ________________________________

              What at the limits of the policy? Adjustment and two therapies?

              Maryann b

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 17, 2012
                What would you recommend if you dont mind me asking?
                My chiro is at a loss and dont know how else to bill..he is coding by what he is doing.
                We were getting paid no problem and all of a sudden they said we need modifiers then they said no we dont .i cant get a straight answer from the insurance company..
                Uhc implemented a multiple reduction policy on the 97110..

                wrote:

                > Yes he is.
                >
                > Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Phone

              • Maryann Burke
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 17, 2012
                  call me tomorrow.  I will be able to talk then.  413-230-9102.  maybe I can come up with some ideas.

                  maryann
                  http://www.chiroblr.com/

                • mbt200950@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 17, 2012