Chiro/therapy

  • mbt200950@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 14, 2012
      Need help!!!
      Im billing UHC with codes 97110x3,97530,and 98941 they are splitting my
      97110 and not paying anything on the 97530..
      Is there something i need to do to get all codes paid..
      How would you bill them??
      Thanks

      Please help

      Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Phone

    • Maryann
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 14, 2012
        First is your doctor spending an hour with this person. That what your codes are saying.

        Maryann b

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 14, 2012
          Yes he is.

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 14, 2012
            What at the limits of the policy? Adjustment and two therapies?

            Maryann b

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 17, 2012
              Hi maryanne
              Im sorry i had to leave out of town for an emergency..
              Limit is 4 units therapy
              And 5 units chiro..
              Is that what you mean?
              Pts have 120 visits per year.
              Thanks

              wrote:

              > Yes he is.
              >
              > Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Phone

            • Maryann Burke
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 17, 2012
                yes that is what I mean.  I hope everything worked out correctly.  Now, for the coding issue.  I would be concerned that you were using 3 units of anything.  Isn't there a better way to code what the doctor is providing?  Exercise, trigger point and neur re-ed for example.

                 Why give them a catch all code for 45 minutes of care?

                maryann

                ________________________________

                What at the limits of the policy? Adjustment and two therapies?

                Maryann b

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 17, 2012
                  What would you recommend if you dont mind me asking?
                  My chiro is at a loss and dont know how else to bill..he is coding by what he is doing.
                  We were getting paid no problem and all of a sudden they said we need modifiers then they said no we dont .i cant get a straight answer from the insurance company..
                  Uhc implemented a multiple reduction policy on the 97110..

                  wrote:

                  > Yes he is.
                  >
                  > Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Phone

                • Maryann Burke
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 17, 2012
                    call me tomorrow.  I will be able to talk then.  413-230-9102.  maybe I can come up with some ideas.

                    maryann
                    http://www.chiroblr.com/

                  • mbt200950@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 17, 2012