Re: [MedicalBillers] Primary or 2ndry Ins?

  • Sunne
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2012
      Melinda,

      I would submit the claim to the insurance that has been in effect the longest.  The three companies will have to determine who is primary.  I understand how you feel; patients can really cause unnecessary stress sometimes.  Patients who know next to nothing about their insurance coverage is and has always been a problem.

      The insurance of the parent who's birthday comes first in the year is primary.  You might try the insurance company's website for documentation of the birthday rule.

      >________________________________

    • josette sylvan
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 2012
        FIRST & FOREMOST OBAMACARE HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS AGE OLD SITUATION, FROM THE BEGINNING OF INSURANCE TIME.
        (Patients who know next to nothing about their insurance coverage is and has always been a problem.) it is our job to verify eligibility etc. you cant be responsible for something no one told you anything about. when you do find out about it, then it is still your job to deal with refunds, takeback, resubmit with proof of file time etc.

        NOW: RULE OF THUMB
        Patient can have as many insurance policies as they can afford
        The insurance of the parent who's birthday comes first in the year is primary
        Insurance companies will dispute & determine who is 1st, 2nd or 3rd based on thier rules & policies
        **NEVER RELY ON A PATIENT TO TELL YOU WHAT IS OR ISNT ABOUT AN INSURANCE POLICY**

        To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com