Multiple billing addresses.........

  • jackiebware
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2012
      I have just started billing for an assistant surgeon in our practice using the group tax ID# and his individual NPI as rendering provider. Is it possible to have more than one billing and or service address associated with this tax ID#?
      If we open another facility can we have payments sent to the place where they were rendered even if it is not the billing address associated with that tax ID#?
    • Jana
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 29, 2012
        I work for Drs that have 2 clinics, one TIN# is for both practices. Our payments are sent to one clinic were the business office is located.

        Sent from my iPad

        On Aug 29, 2012, at 3:47 PM, "jackiebware" <jackiebware@...> wrote:

        > I have just started billing for an assistant surgeon in our practice using the group tax ID# and his individual NPI as rendering provider. Is it possible to have more than one billing and or service address associated with this tax ID#?
        > If we open another facility can we have payments sent to the place where they were rendered even if it is not the billing address associated with that tax ID#?

      • Luz Maldonado
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 29, 2012
          I think u should contact each Carriers providers relations dept and ask how each works. My experience with the group TIN is usually each physician is paid under the group not as individual physicians. So the billing address would be one, however you can have multiple locations under the group. That's resolved with a simple form that can be faxed. Some provider relations reps accept an email. You know there's really no straight answer in the world of insurance;-) good luck!

          iPhone

          On Aug 29, 2012, at 11:07 PM, Jana <superclicker58@...> wrote:

          > I work for Drs that have 2 clinics, one TIN# is for both practices. Our payments are sent to one clinic were the business office is located.
          >
          > Sent from my iPad
          >
          > On Aug 29, 2012, at 3:47 PM, "jackiebware" <jackiebware@...> wrote:
          >
          >> I have just started billing for an assistant surgeon in our practice using the group tax ID# and his individual NPI as rendering provider. Is it possible to have more than one billing and or service address associated with this tax ID#?
          >> If we open another facility can we have payments sent to the place where they were rendered even if it is not the billing address associated with that tax ID#?

        • Robin Harpole
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 29, 2012
            If you have an EPM system, you would set up your payment to address different than the serviced rendered address. When you credential a provider with a payer, you provide the both the payment address/lockbox address and the clinic address(es). Any additions or changes are submitted to the payers.

            I have 4 clinics and a central billing office, as well as a lockbox. Our payers (most of them) keep it straight. We set our Practice and each provider this way. Same TIN different clinic addresses and one lockbox address.

            Robin Harpole
            Director of Business Services

            Sent from my iPad

            On Aug 29, 2012, at 8:38 PM, "Luz Maldonado" <qualitydeserved@...> wrote:

            > I think u should contact each Carriers providers relations dept and ask how each works. My experience with the group TIN is usually each physician is paid under the group not as individual physicians. So the billing address would be one, however you can have multiple locations under the group. That's resolved with a simple form that can be faxed. Some provider relations reps accept an email. You know there's really no straight answer in the world of insurance;-) good luck!
            >
            > iPhone
            >
            > On Aug 29, 2012, at 11:07 PM, Jana <superclicker58@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I work for Drs that have 2 clinics, one TIN# is for both practices. Our payments are sent to one clinic were the business office is located.
            > >
            > > Sent from my iPad
            > >
            > > On Aug 29, 2012, at 3:47 PM, "jackiebware" <jackiebware@...> wrote:
            > >
            > >> I have just started billing for an assistant surgeon in our practice using the group tax ID# and his individual NPI as rendering provider. Is it possible to have more than one billing and or service address associated with this tax ID#?
            > >> If we open another facility can we have payments sent to the place where they were rendered even if it is not the billing address associated with that tax ID#?

            > Click here to report this email as spam.

          • Jacqueline Brown-ware
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 30, 2012
              Thank you for your response. I neglected to mention that we do not participate with any insurance provider. Does it make a difference? We are a small podiatric surgical practice and don't submit electronically; all claims are sent on paper with an op report attached.

              ________________________________
              If you have an EPM system, you would set up your payment to address different than the serviced rendered address. When you credential a provider with a payer, you provide the both the payment address/lockbox address and the clinic address(es). Any additions or changes are submitted to the payers.

              I have 4 clinics and a central billing office, as well as a lockbox. Our payers (most of them) keep it straight. We set our Practice and each provider this way. Same TIN different clinic addresses and one lockbox address.

              Robin Harpole
              Director of Business Services

              Sent from my iPad

              On Aug 29, 2012, at 8:38 PM, "Luz Maldonado" <qualitydeserved@...> wrote:

              > I think u should contact each Carriers providers relations dept and ask how each works. My experience with the group TIN is usually each physician is paid under the group not as individual physicians. So the billing address would be one, however you can have multiple locations under the group. That's resolved with a simple form that can be faxed. Some provider relations reps accept an email. You know there's really no straight answer in the world of insurance;-) good luck!
              >
              > iPhone
              >
              > On Aug 29, 2012, at 11:07 PM, Jana <superclicker58@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I work for Drs that have 2 clinics, one TIN# is for both practices. Our payments are sent to one clinic were the business office is located.
              > >
              > > Sent from my iPad
              > >
              > > On Aug 29, 2012, at 3:47 PM, "jackiebware" <jackiebware@...> wrote:
              > >
              > >> I have just started billing for an assistant surgeon in our practice using the group tax ID# and his individual NPI as rendering provider. Is it possible to have more than one billing and or service address associated with this tax ID#?
              > >> If we open another facility can we have payments sent to the place where they were rendered even if it is not the billing address associated with that tax ID#?

              > Click here to report this email as spam.

            • josette sylvan
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 6, 2012
                i have 5 clinics each has its own tax id# & npi, our billing office is another location and is set up to receive all form of reimbursements, checks eob etc.

                it is all a matter of how you fill your application to the insurance company............

                after everyones response you wrote again stating " you do not participate with any insurance provider?????????"

                so what is the point of your questions??????? maybe your statement is not clear!

                participating means the dr & facility is registered with insurance company to be paid, for services rendered to the insurance company members/patients!

                "All claims are sent on paper with op report to who??????????????? where to insurance company your provider participates with???????"

                jts

                To: MedicalBillers@yahoogroups.com
                From: jackiebware@...
                Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 05:48:33 -0700